Universal Studios Hollywood is celebrating the one-year anniversary of Super Nintendo World with the grand opening of a new café and the debut of new merchandise.
The all-new Power Up Café, located on New York Street in the Upper Lot of the theme park, will open on Feb. 15.
The café will serve Super Nintendo World-themed food, like Toadstool Café, but will have a brand-new menu.
The Power-Up Café menu will include:
- Super Mushroom Calzone: Mushroom-shaped calzone filled with pepperoni, sausage, mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce.
- 1-Up Mushroom Calzone: Mushroom-shaped calzone filled with spinach, green pepper, mushroom, mozzarella cheese and basil pesto
- Fire Flower Pretzel: Fire Flower-shaped pretzel served with chipotle cheese, mustard and white queso dipping sauces.
- Super Star Popcorn: Butter popcorn decorated with edible glitter.
- Super Mushroom Fizz: Lemon-lime soda with strawberry popping pearls and a strawberry Super Mushroom Power-Up.
- 1-Up Mushroom Fizz: Lemon-lime soda with green apple popping pearls and a lime 1-Up Mushroom Power-Up.
- Fire Flower Fizz: Lemon-lime soda with orange popping pearls and a mango habanero Fire Flower Power Up.
- Super Star Fizz: Lemon-lime soda with lemon popping pearls and a mango pineapple Super Star Power Up.
Customers can add the Power-Up sugar shapes into the drink to change its color and flavor, a news release said.
Guests can also use the Universal Studios Hollywood app to mobile order the food.
The new café is a welcome addition to the theme park since Toadstool Café, a popular sit-down restaurant in Super Nintendo World, often quickly runs out of reservations.
Theme park visitors can also purchase a commemorative Golden Power-Up Band. The bands, which can be synced to the theme park app, can be used to collect and store digital coins and keys, prompt unique interactions with characters, and more while in the land.
Six other bands, themed to characters like Mario, Luigi and Peach, are also available for purchase.
However, purchasing a Power-Up band isn’t essential for visitors, Jon Corfino, the vice president of Universal Creative, told KTLA during the land’s grand opening.
“If you come in and don’t have a power band, and you don’t really understand it, you can still engage with the interactives, ride on the Mario Kart ride and understand what your score is,” Corfino said.
A complimentary Super Nintendo World one-year anniversary button will be available while supplies last at the Guest Relations booth in the park.
Super Nintendo World at Universal Studios Hollywood opened on Feb. 17, 2023, and is the first Super Nintendo World to debut in the United States.
Universal Studios Orlando is expected to have its own Super Nintendo World, which will be a part of the new Epic Universe area in 2025.