World

Royal aides slam ‘total nonsense’ reports claiming Kate Middleton was in a ‘coma’ and ‘great danger’



Kensington Palace has blasted claims made by a Spanish news outlet that said Kate Middleton was in “great danger” after being put in a “coma” following her abdominal surgery.

The Princess of Wales, 42, was discharged from the hospital on Monday after she made “good progress” following her hospitalization on Jan. 16.

But Spanish journalist Concha Calleja sensationally claimed that doctors were fighting to save Middleton’s life in a broadcast the day before her release from the London Clinic.

The Palace told The Post that Calleja’s reporting was “wholly inaccurate.”

Elsewhere, a source told The Times of London that the claims are “total nonsense.”

“No attempt was made by that journalist to fact-check anything that she said with anyone in the household,” the insider told the outlet.

“It’s fundamentally totally made up, and I’ll use polite English here: it’s absolutely not the case.”

Fueling concerns over Middleton’s health, Calleja further claimed medics took “drastic” measures to save the mother of three, who she claimed was in an induced coma.

Kensington Palace has blasted claims that Kate Middleton was in “great danger” after being put in a “coma” following her abdominal surgery. Getty Images

“There were serious complications that they didn’t expect because the operation went well, but the post-operative period didn’t go so well,” the Spanish broadcaster said.

Calleja claimed that Kate’s recovery was “possibly going to require a bit of assistance, and I’m not just referring to her family.”

She added that “practically an entire hospital” was being set up to support her at their Windsor home.

The Princess of Wales, 42, was discharged from the hospital on Monday after she made “good progress” following her hospitalization on Jan. 16. Samir Hussein/WireImage
Middleton spent a total of 13 days at the London Clinic. AP

Calleja, who wrote just one book on the royal family, claimed to have gained the insight from an unnamed royal aide in “a completely confidential manner.”

Princess Catherine was this week whisked away to Adelaide Cottage in Windsor, where she was reunited with Prince William and their three children.

She will continue recovering there behind closed doors until after Easter.

The mom of three will continue recovering behind closed doors until after Easter. Getty Images

William, who had hit the brakes on his official engagements while Kate was in the hospital, is expected to resume his official duties once the princess settles in back at home.

Royal sources say Kate’s return to official duties “will depend on medical advice closer to the time.”

Last week, it was reported that Middleton didn’t tell those close to the royal family about her surgery.


Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button